Monday, September 26, 2011

Organizing your Inventory

In a previous post from long long ago, I talked about doing a major overhaul of my inventory organization. I was new to organizing for my stores and didn't have as many items as I do now.

It's been a few years, so I thought I'd show you what I'm currently doing.
After I've made the beads, taken them off the mandrel and cleaned them, they go in the "beads to be photographed" bright yellow bin.
After they get photographed and edited, each one gets placed in a little Ziploc baggie with its inventory number written on it. On my computer, each bead gets a few pictures of each one labeled with that inventory number that goes in its own file folder.

Oh yes, my desk is a disaster area at this moment. Nothing in this picture is actually listed yet though. As my beads get listed in whichever venue they get filed away in this old beat up filing cabinet.
Tada!

Sometimes I feel guilty filing away beautiful beads in a dinghy old file cabinet, but you've seen my desk and seen why I need to keep them hidden.

Also, this little monster likes to steal them.


No comments:

Post a Comment