Friday, May 29, 2009

More Pixie Dust!

For some reason I can't stop dipping every bead I make in Pixiedust. I don't know why. Everything sitting in the kiln tonight has been dipped in it.
I've also been working in christmas colors for some reason. I have no idea why. The other day I made these lovely rich pink whiteheart beads that were dipped in pixie dust. Tonight I made emerald green whitehearts also dipped in pixie dust. I'm very excited to pull them out of the kiln tomorrow.
Whenever I make beads I get so excited for when i can take them out of the kiln. It may be a little sad, but I've had nights where I can't sleep because I'm excited about what's in the kiln. It means I have some crappy sleepless nights sometimes, but it's worth it :) I hope I'll always have that enthusiasm about my art.

1 comment:

  1. It makes your beads sparklie! It's a powder that comes in different colors. I use it on the surface of my beads, but you can also encase it. You just haveto use low heat after you've coated your bead. I didn't know that when I first used it and was wondering why my beads looked like total crap.

    ReplyDelete