Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Life is Pretty Exciting

So life is getting exciting right now


( I wanted to add a picture to this post, so it wouldn't seem as boring and I want to buy this pin)

It's not that it ever wasn't exciting, but it gets quite predictable.

I currently have a full time job that pays the bills, has good benefits and job security. It's not a bad job, but I don't find it fulfilling at all. I make pizza, serve slices, fill orders, make all the ingredients, manage others, take care of food safety and everything else involved with running a pizza kitchen. I suppose it's not a bad living.

Growing up, you always get the question "what do you want to be when you grow up?" I don't remember what I wanted as a kid, but it wasn't making pizza and I never envisioned the management politics and rude people that we deal with every day in a traditional full time job. But, we all need a paycheck and that's part of what we all need to deal with to get paid. I never realized how much it takes out of your soul though. Maybe it's different with a more fulfilling job, but mine makes me feel empty inside.

This is turning into a depressing post, so it's time to announce the good news.

Starting at the beginning of 2012 I will be switching to part time pizza maker and full time bead maker! It's scary and exciting. Don't worry everyone, I have been tracking the financial part of my small bead making business for a long time and I've been planning this for quite some time. I'm not just making an impulse decision because I don't like my job.

I'm getting my show schedule set for next year now that I have my soon to be part time job figured out. I expect this to be a bumpy road with ups and downs, but I'm looking forward to the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment