Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Shipping Buddy

Cats are funny little creatures.

I ship beads out about every other day for the past year or more. I have the packing and shipping process pretty streamlined and routine. I wrap the beads in bubble wrap, tissue paper and a little ribbon. I print out the receipts, write thank you and fold them up neatly with a business card. I weigh each package and print out my shipping labels.

Each label needs to be cut to size and I have a heavy duty paper trimmer to save me some time. Every time I trim the labels it makes a very distinct noise which my cat bender hears from downstairs across the house. He races up the stairs to the office and sits in my chair patiently waiting for his favorite part of the shipping process.



I add everything to the self-sealing envelope and pull off the little sticker. Bender's eyes light up and he crouches down in excitement. He does the little butt wiggle and locks onto that little scrap of paper from the sticker. I toss it up in the air and it flutters down to him. He's just way too excited about this scrap of paper.



He's been doing this every time I ship beads for a while. It keeps me amused. Just thought I'd share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment