Thursday, November 5, 2009

Jewelry and Soon Metalworking

Happy November everyone! Halloween is over so we can all stop trying to resist all that yummy Halloween candy and prepare to be stuffed with Thanksgiving fare. Yum!

So, I've finally been making some finished jewelry. I very rarely make finished jewelry, but lately the few things I have made have been so much fun to create. I love making beads, but it's so awesome to see a finished product made from your work. It's exciting for me.

Anyways, I had a little bit of extra money, so I got excited and purchased some tools from Harbor Freight (which is an awesome store by the way) for metalworking. I didn't go too crazy on tools, and just bought what I would need for basic charms, bead caps, and lining beads with metal. Unfortunately, I bought all that, but I didn't have time to shop for some metal to play with. Doh!

I was hoping to maybe have some first metal projects to share with you, but it'll have to wait. Meanwhile, here's some of the finished jewelry I've been making. It's all up on my Etsy store.



Ok, that's enough shameless promotions from me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment